Wednesday, August 17, 2005

You Thought Gas Prices Were Bad

Sure, three bucks a gallon in the PNW is inevitable. I own two Volvos, so I feel the extra pinch having to put premium gas in them. At least I don't own a Suburban, and my commute is rather short (unless it's my day to go the opposite direction to drop off the kid at his daycare).

With the ever-skyrocketing cost of textbooks (nevermind the tuition and "fees"), I'm thankful, that I graduated from college nearly 10 years ago. Even back then (no, not quite back in the days of walking 5 miles uphill both ways in the snow to school) the price of textbooks was insanely ridiculous. You couldn't sell 'em back, quite frequently, because the instructor/professor either changed textbooks completely the next quarter, or required the newest edition, which really only had a few subtle changes in it (unless it was a math book). I swear the college instructors' and professors' unions had massive amounts of stock in textbook publishing companies.

Monopolistic fibers of inky LAMENESS!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Bloof said...

I own a Suburban.

For now.

It has a 44 gallon tank. Before my last trip I put $120 in it.

I should get a Geo and Seahawks season tickets instead. Crap.

2:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home